Fitness, Health and Wellness Musings, Tips and the occasional rant'n'rave about finding your excellence from an Athens 2004 Olympian.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

20 in 10 days diet.

With so many people around me on their New Year resolution diets, I thought I'd share a great experience I had recently.

About October or November last year I finally got sick of what I call "running into my own body" everytime I moved. To be fair I had deliberately and lazily grown bigger.

Deliberately put on 10-12 kilos (depending on the day) to to be a competitive weight for my boat; and Lazily chose to eat more than usal and do less than usual in order to put the weight on quickly.

In the 5 years prior I'd had a lot of trouble putting on weight (muscle or fat) much to the frustration of myself and my team mates at the time, so I figured I'd just get the job done and worry about the make-up (and changing it) of the weight over time.

Then of course I let my job in the way of my life and found myself with a lot of unwanted fat and wanting to get rid of it yesterday.

So I did it - I went searching the internet for information in the vague hope that somewhere would be a quick fix to my problem.

I didn't spend much time at SmartShape (too sensible for my frame of mind at the time) and my apologies Matt, but I did find a diet programme that looked almost like it was sensible (along with loads that were just CRAZY). Sensible.... except for the bit where it "promised" 20 pounds of weight loss in 10 days.

Can you BELIEVE I actually paid the USD 27 for the programme??
I can. I was desperate - what did you expect me to do???


As it turned out it was a Good Thing to do. The programme advises sensible (and restricted - you better believe it, baby!) eating and warns you to visit your Doctor about taking it on about 20 times before you get to the menu part.

The food is all normal, and over the day the diet is balanced, including red and white meats, fish, eggs, vegetables and fruit and toast. It notes the total energy, protein, fat and carbohydrate make-up of each meal (which sometimes just doesn't add up) and there is some good after-diet advice. The (after diet advice only momentarily and potentially borders on 'faddy' with regards to when to eat certain foods, but it was a minor glitch in the scheme of things - maybe Matt or someone else will have something to say about it?

Does it work? Best USD 27 I've ever spent - I can't promise it will work for you, but a friend of mine (who must have been as desperate and crazy as me at the time) and I tried it with some pretty astounding results:

I lost 4.5 kilos in the first four days and after that I had to stop because my body and it's IBS revolted and punished me for eating pretty much everything I knew I shouldn't.

I was wrapped! Every morning (of the first four) I fitted into my clothes better and had to race to the scales to check if I was imagining things! 5th morning was a bit of a downer, but I knew it was coming and just Wooo-hooo-ed about the 4 kilos in 4 days!


The Wrap up:

Was it hard to stick to the restricted diet. YEP!
Did it work for me. Absolutely YES.
Did the weight stay off? Absoloutely YES.
Was I motivated to continue and get rid of the rest of the self inflicted "Baggage"? Oh YEAH!!
Would I recommend it to my clients? Hmmm - after all my years dealing with dieticians and nutritionists as an athlete and with my own Sports Science and coaching education, my logic says that it would be irresponsible of me to (a) undertake a programme promising nearly 10 kilos of weight loss in 10 days and (b) recommend it to anyone, but I think it would also be irresponsible of me to not provide the option after giving my clients my honest opinion of the programme. You can check the web site out at http://www.20in10days.com/ if you're interested. Or you can ask me more first.

Of course you don't get to see the diet before you pay for it, but if you're not satisfied with it, they'll give you your money back in not much more than an instant - fantastic customer service that I've personally experienced!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaunna said...

Please tell me how you reaceive the diet. I have paid for it, but how do I get it? Is it online or does it get mailed to me? The website is VERY vague. Please advise.

Thanks,
Shaunna

4:14:00 am

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Hi Shaunna,

By now you should have received a link to the download in your email. If you haven't, I suggest you contact the service provider and let them know that you haven't received access to the information. In my experience their customer service is excellent. Also, remember to check your Junk or SPam mail folders, as the email with the link may have been filed there by your email programme. Also, please remember that the programme is potentially a great kick start to your new life and new you programme, and that we recommend that you make some other real lifestyle changes that include walking at least 30 minutes every day. Your body will love you for it. Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers, K :)

7:17:00 am

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home