Fitness, Health and Wellness Musings, Tips and the occasional rant'n'rave about finding your excellence from an Athens 2004 Olympian.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cool Tech!

Guess what I just found as far as great technology goes? A really neat little GPS device that talks to you while you're training and gives you feedback about your speed and elevation a few other parameters. I will HAVE to get one of these and let you know how it goes. It's called ADEO and is only little - 2 inches x 3 inches and just over half and inch thick. Simlar to the size of an iPod. Looks like you can wear an arm band with it or mount it on your equipment. More updates later and you can find info here: http://www.satellitefitness.com.au/

1 Comments:

Blogger Elmar said...

I am really interested in the results you get with this gadget. I am not sure about the concept of information being presented via audio while exercising. Especially if it comes up automaticly or changes the music to fit my pace (some device did this. Can´t remember which one).

I like to refer to exercising as a kind of "active meditation". At least when I train on my own.

On these occasions I prefer to just quick-check my data visually from time to time and keep the focus on the overall training experience instead of constant "live" data.

Of course, this is very subjective and I never tried one of these devices yet. So, looking forward to your experience.

9:43:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home