Fitness, Health and Wellness Musings, Tips and the occasional rant'n'rave about finding your excellence from an Athens 2004 Olympian.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Thought for the Day

"The pursuit of happiness is the source of all unhappiness".

Impressive, huh? Certainly made me think, that's for sure. But not for too long. The way I see it is, if you're looking desperately and constantly seeking for things outside of you to possess, to "make" you happy, to keep up with the Joneses: then you're setting yourself up for trouble and a very unhappy life indeed.
If, on the other hand, you practice what I call personal peace, instead of looking for some all encompassing panacea outside yourself, then I think you have it made for a very happy life.

Think about that and let me know what your ideas are - post a comment.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home